Acer predator helios 300 bsod to no bootable device

Anonymous
2021-02-27T08:11:03+00:00

Laptop works fine until I start playing games then it bsods to whea uncorrectable error sometimes kernel data inpage error and then shows no bootable device. If I let it stay off for 5-10 min then try starting it , it will start completely fine , also when it shows no bootable drive my windos ssd is not detected in bios , I have 2 nvme ssds , in bios the other one shows as hdd0 and my windows one shows as hdd1
Things I've done - chkdsk , sfc /scannow , reset with files , DISM restore health , intel cpu diagnostic , checked SSD with sea tools shows 92% health also ran memory test nothing has helped please help also I don't get any dump files whatsoever I've tried everything to get dumps to work but it just won't

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-02-28T09:11:47+00:00

    Hi Bhupesh

    Try using the tutorial on the page below from Gav, to set your system to create Small Memory Dump files, hopefully that will get your system to create minidump files:

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-config...

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-28T10:02:38+00:00

    I did what he told in the website , from reg file download and from cmd prompt and even checked the cmd prompt for the current memory dump for minidumps it was all correct and i rebooted the laptop after rebooting i opened chrome and it bsod'd again this time the bsod stayed for less than a second and laptop rebooted fine but still i didnt get any minidump files

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-02-28T10:09:30+00:00

    Hi Bhupesh

    When exactly does you PC crash, is there certain software that crashes your PC or is it when you are doing graphically intensive tasks?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-28T10:18:10+00:00

    Mostly when im doing graphically intensive tasks , sometimes i can game for more than 8 hours without any crashes and other times 5 min into game and the bsod horror begins . I will not get any bsods for the whole day until i start to play a game then i just might get a bsod for just watching youtube

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-02-28T10:22:17+00:00

    Hi Bhupesh

    That may indicate the video card device driver may be causing the crashes . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments