Acer predator helios 300 bsod to no bootable device

Anonymous
2021-02-27T08:11:03+00:00

Laptop works fine until I start playing games then it bsods to whea uncorrectable error sometimes kernel data inpage error and then shows no bootable device. If I let it stay off for 5-10 min then try starting it , it will start completely fine , also when it shows no bootable drive my windos ssd is not detected in bios , I have 2 nvme ssds , in bios the other one shows as hdd0 and my windows one shows as hdd1
Things I've done - chkdsk , sfc /scannow , reset with files , DISM restore health , intel cpu diagnostic , checked SSD with sea tools shows 92% health also ran memory test nothing has helped please help also I don't get any dump files whatsoever I've tried everything to get dumps to work but it just won't

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-03-01T12:25:41+00:00

    Hi Bhupesh

    For each of those partitions, select the partition and click Delete

    When the whole drive is marked as 'Unallocated Space', select that space and click 'Next' to begin the installation . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-01T12:22:04+00:00

    Well I got very frustrated today and thought of the clean install option I have a doubt though when I was trying to install the setup showed 2 options namely upgrade and custom , upgrade lets me keep my files and custom removes everything so I went ahead with custom and now I have 5 different places under drive 1 to install windows 1st is partition 1 : Esp with 100mb total size (system) 2nd is partition 2 which is 16mb (MSR(reserved)) 3rd is partition 3 acer 237.4gb (primary) 4th is partition 4: recovery 1gb in which 549 is free (recovery) and 6th is unallocated space 8mb

    Edit: NVM I didn't see that the setup isn't letting me install in anything except 237.4gb partition so do I format the partition or just click next

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-03-01T07:28:01+00:00

    Okay Bhupesh, best of luck with your studies, glad to Help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-01T04:25:23+00:00

    Ill be trying this on Saturday because i have classes and assignments for this week but ill tell you about it after ive sucessfully reset it , for now ive made a bootable usb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-02-28T12:41:12+00:00

    Hi Bhupesh,

    You can reinstall Windows 10 at any time and it will not cost you anything !

    Click this link:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

    to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

    Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS) to begin installing Windows 10

    Since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

    Make sure you install the same Edition of Windows 10 (Home, Pro . . . etc.) you previously had installed to avoid Activation issues

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments