Feels bad man this was the only place I was getting replies . Anyways I'll try to get my laptop fans cleaned and thermal paste reapplied and see if it fixes rhe issue or maybe give it in for a full service then I'll let you know what actually was wrong so that you can help others with same problems
Acer predator helios 300 bsod to no bootable device
Laptop works fine until I start playing games then it bsods to whea uncorrectable error sometimes kernel data inpage error and then shows no bootable device. If I let it stay off for 5-10 min then try starting it , it will start completely fine , also when it shows no bootable drive my windos ssd is not detected in bios , I have 2 nvme ssds , in bios the other one shows as hdd0 and my windows one shows as hdd1
Things I've done - chkdsk , sfc /scannow , reset with files , DISM restore health , intel cpu diagnostic , checked SSD with sea tools shows 92% health also ran memory test nothing has helped please help also I don't get any dump files whatsoever I've tried everything to get dumps to work but it just won't
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-03-02T16:47:43+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2021-03-02T16:29:30+00:00 Hi Bhupesh
Honestly, we have gone through most of the troubleshooting steps, and bar a hardware issue, I do not know what could be wrong with your PC .. .
-
Anonymous
2021-03-02T16:23:01+00:00 I just clean installed windows yesterday so it's hard for me to belive theres a system corruption ive only downloaded acer softwares,drivers,steam,uplay and anaconda . What do you suggest that I do now ?
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2021-03-02T16:14:11+00:00 Hi Bhupesh
I doubt your system is infected, the symptoms do not indicate that, when your Desktop disappeared, that is just Explorer crashing, which may indicate a corrupt system . . .
Also, MalwareBytes is very good, but I do not recommend HitMan Pro
-
Anonymous
2021-03-02T16:10:42+00:00 Weird thing happened today since I was not able to go to the service center I thought of doing different things to make my laptop work so I found out that holding power button for 15 does a software batter reset in my laptop so I did that and let my laptop off for 1 hour then I started it and started playing games the laptop didn't crash for 4 hours after that I quit the game and started watching YouTube and reddit on chrome and after 5 mins I get a bsod unexpected store exception screen was struck at 0% for few seconds and laptop rebooted completely fine automatically so I started YouTube and reddit again on chrome then after a min the laptop became unresponsive and started strutering very bad chrome got closed by itself and I was on my desktop screen then all of a sudden my wallpaper disappeared and all the icons and shortcuts also disappeared and a error window popped up saying "svchost.exe application error" and the laptop stoped responding completely I was only able to move my mouse I got scared and turned it off by holding the power button , I waited for a few seconds and tried starting it but it showed no bootable device again so I waited and went through reddit to see what's happening they were talking about some virus so after 5 mins I started my laptop it started completely fine and I downloaded Malwarebytes and hitman pro and ran scans and these softwares didn't find anything then I ran sfc /scannow it also didn't find anything then I went on going through YouTube for couple of minutes and shut it down. I don't know what's happening now. I think this might help you narrowing down on my problem in someway.