Yeah, the second repair install I decided to stop updates and also only keep personal files but delete apps and settings hoping that would fix it but it didn't. I'm still installing all updates now though so maybe one of them will fix it but I doubt it at this point. I've been working on this machine for three weeks now....two weeks before I even posted in this forum and I'm really hoping to be done because nothing else seems to be wrong with the machine except the defender offline scan....I've read from lots of people that it's not too unusual for it to not work??? But I don't know.
Im not sure about secure boot? I've heard of it but didn't know what it did. I will look up how to find out if that is on or not...thanks!
Im also running more scans now to check for malware just in case but so far nothing.
I think I can access Reg Query HKLM\SYSTEM because I did what you said and went into the recovery environment and it listed all those entries like you listed...except for those five that I didn't have that you did.Is that what you meant?