Your Phone / Link to Windows - stuck at 60% during set up

Anonymous
2021-02-01T20:37:45+00:00

Hi, I am trying to connect my phone (Galaxy Note 10) with my laptop (Dell XPS 15), however it's been stuck at 60% per the screenshot below. I have tried restarting both devices and apps but it has not changed. Please advise on how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-02-01T22:17:04+00:00

    Hello HermanLu,

    I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with Your Phone app not working. Have you made any changes recently? When was the last time it worked properly?

    What is your current Windows operating system and version? Press Start then search and type: winver

    Kindly try the following methods below

    **Update Your Phone app

    Open Microsoft Store then Click 3 dots

    Select Download and Updates >

    Update Your Phone app or click Update all

    **Reset the Your Phone app again.

    Press Start then search and type Apps and Features

    Search and select Your Phone App on the list

    Click advanced options

    Select Reset

    **Reinstall Your Phone via PowerShell.

    Press Windows key+X then select Powershell (Admin)

    Copy paste the command below then press Enter

    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.YourPhone* | remove-appxpackage

    After that, Please try the methods below to reinstall Your Phone app.

    Open Microsoft Store then search Your Phone app

    Click Install

    Or try this to install Your Phone app via Powershell.

    Press Windows key + X

    Click and Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator

    At the command prompt, copy-paste the following then hit Enter:

    Get-AppXPackage *Microsoft.YourPhone* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

    Restart your PC then launch Your Phone app

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

    Sincerely,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-04T03:02:47+00:00

    Hi,

    Are there any other debugging steps? 

    I have the same problem on my machine as well with the "Your Phone Companion" stuck at 60% on the PC. On the phone its stuck at "We're checking one more thing on your PC" which finally timesout and says "From the Your Phone app on your PC, select Send Notification. That option doesn't exist at all

    • I have a Wired Desktop PC.
    • The Internet Connection is set to private network
    • My DNS is 208.67.220.220
    • I have tried from two phones (Samsung Note 8 running Android 9 and Samsung S20 running Android 11) - they both are running stock software
    • Tried on another Windows 10 PC (Surface Pro 4) with similar results.

    Is there anyway to collect debug logs to see where its failing?

    Thanks!

    Ashwin

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T00:14:07+00:00

    I'm having the same issues as well and I've tried all of your methods with no luck.

    My desktop is:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

    Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

    And my phone is a Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite with Andriod 10.

    What am I missing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-31T01:45:08+00:00

    Same issue here. New S21 and a new Dell XPS15.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-31T02:29:36+00:00

    Hi,

    Is there anyway to debug this issue? It's an extremely useful app and my workflows are crippled without access to this.

    Any logs that can be collected or any debug builds that can be tried?

    Regards,

    Ashwin

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments