Your Phone / Link to Windows - stuck at 60% during set up

Anonymous
2021-02-01T20:37:45+00:00

Hi, I am trying to connect my phone (Galaxy Note 10) with my laptop (Dell XPS 15), however it's been stuck at 60% per the screenshot below. I have tried restarting both devices and apps but it has not changed. Please advise on how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-01T07:58:49+00:00

    Hello everyone.
    I'll share my experience and how I fixed it.

    Quick recap: until recently the connection between my S10e and Windows 10 worked flawlessly - EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT USE IT VERY MUCH. Then something happened and yesterday it stopped working (I could receive phone calls on windows, but could not open the phone's screen or any app within windows.

    So I reset everything (purged cache, purged all data on both mobile phone AND PC - I even uninstalled the apps and reinstalled them on both). I could not complete the linking process - and was stuck at 60% (on PC - on the phone it completed the process and was waiting for the final permission).

    One thing to note: on my PC when I had to input the microsoft account I was presented with a window with 3 accounts: my personal o365 account, my working account, and a legacy skype account - I was trying to connect with my personal o365 account.

    Something had happened recently that broke this functionality - but what was it?
    It turns out that recently I started using skype with my legacy account on my laptop with: a user that only has username and no e-mail. I set it years ago and re-spawned recently as I work from home now - and as a matter of fact I get windows notifications that some microsoft account needs to be fixed...

    Suddenly I was struck with an idea: could it be that this account needing to be fixed is causing the issue? I removed the skype legacy account from windows settings (win->settings->Account->e-mail and account) and... boom! the app now completed the process!!

    I don't know whether this set up is similar to yours (I had an account that was causing troubles with windows as it didn't have an e-mail and it was seemingly causing issues with the app), but if it does I hope it does indeed solve your problem (and maybe other people's too).

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-31T14:47:09+00:00

    Same issue here with Samsung S20. Have tried the steps in this thread and still doesnt work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-31T02:29:36+00:00

    Hi,

    Is there anyway to debug this issue? It's an extremely useful app and my workflows are crippled without access to this.

    Any logs that can be collected or any debug builds that can be tried?

    Regards,

    Ashwin

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-31T01:45:08+00:00

    Same issue here. New S21 and a new Dell XPS15.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T00:14:07+00:00

    I'm having the same issues as well and I've tried all of your methods with no luck.

    My desktop is:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

    Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

    And my phone is a Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite with Andriod 10.

    What am I missing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments