Your Phone / Link to Windows - stuck at 60% during set up

Anonymous
2021-02-01T20:37:45+00:00

Hi, I am trying to connect my phone (Galaxy Note 10) with my laptop (Dell XPS 15), however it's been stuck at 60% per the screenshot below. I have tried restarting both devices and apps but it has not changed. Please advise on how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-28T15:47:03+00:00

    I'm sorry to hear that... ("even went to the extent of adding another account and then removing it")

    Yes that's the section from where I removed the account that was seemingly causing the issue (I kept receiving notifications that some account needed fixing) - but I had 3 accounts.

    I hope you find a way of fixing this issue (I must say that this way of handling the phone from within windows is useful) - I assume you cannot remove the one account and then re-add it, right?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-28T15:41:04+00:00

    I had kept ignoring the stupid pop up too, untill I thought that MAYBE the two things were somehow connected!!! ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-28T15:39:02+00:00

    From Windows->Settings->Account->Mail and accounts (sorry I have an Italian version of Windows so I don't know whether this path is correct).

    From here you select the account you want to remove and click on remove (I can't remember if it requires a password, but I don't think so).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-28T15:33:55+00:00

    Have you tried to remove the *account* FROM WINDOWS (not the phone)? Also have you checked that there are no issues with the accounts WITHIN WINDOWS? (It appears that my problem was connected to an account I had in Windows that did not have an e-mail associated with it - WITHIN Windows, that is)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-28T03:13:55+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for sharing the tip! Seems like its fixing the problem for a lot of people! 

    Unfortunately no luck for me since I have only one account. Just for the heck of it - even went to the extent of adding another account and then removing it :D

    I assume all of this is done in theWindows 10 Settings > Accounts > Email & Accounts section

    There is one for Email & Accounts and another for Accounts used by other apps. Is this the place?

    Thanks in advance!

    Ashwin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments