I feel your pain AKS8. Same here. Changing credentials, blah blah blah.
Has anyone taken the time to actually reach out to Micro$oft for assistance?
If I have the time (and patience) I plan on doing this soon.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
For the past few days, File History on my Windows 10 Home (20H2) has stopped working.
In Settings, "Back up options" opens after a noticeable delay and displays the size of my back-up as zero bytes with the message' "Your data is not yet backed up".
On clicking "Back up Now", a "Cancel" button appears after a few seconds with no back up having taken place.
On clicking "Advanced options" and clicking on "Run Now", an error message gets displayed, "We can't copy files to your File History Drive; Failed to initiate user data back-up (Error 80070005)".
I had even contacted MS Support (tier 1) and gone through a remote PC access session but the problem persists.
I'd be grateful to receive advice.
AKS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I feel your pain AKS8. Same here. Changing credentials, blah blah blah.
Has anyone taken the time to actually reach out to Micro$oft for assistance?
If I have the time (and patience) I plan on doing this soon.
Hi,
I had approached MS.
Just see the previous posts.
But do try File History after installing the most current updates.
It appears to work with the update backup drive connected.
A second update was installed yesterday (not showing as available in the morning when I was trying to replace the dll file - and after that I was able to finally run a backup.
I can confirm it worked for me. Thanks for the heads-up.
I can confirm it worked for me. Thanks for the heads-up.
Glad it worked for you. Mine kinda works: doesn't backup all files I've selected. And the good old Window$ 7 version of Backup does not work without several errors, also a "known issue". Look like it's back to good ole Macrium Reflect.....meh.......