Interesting you got a notification ... I didn't. I only discovered backup wasn't working when I happened to browse my backup drive and noticed that nothing had changed since Feb. 13th, the day I installed the last cumulative update. And try as I might, I could not fire off a manual backup until the KB4601319 update was uninstalled.
File History Does Not Work
Hi,
For the past few days, File History on my Windows 10 Home (20H2) has stopped working.
In Settings, "Back up options" opens after a noticeable delay and displays the size of my back-up as zero bytes with the message' "Your data is not yet backed up".
On clicking "Back up Now", a "Cancel" button appears after a few seconds with no back up having taken place.
On clicking "Advanced options" and clicking on "Run Now", an error message gets displayed, "We can't copy files to your File History Drive; Failed to initiate user data back-up (Error 80070005)".
I had even contacted MS Support (tier 1) and gone through a remote PC access session but the problem persists.
I'd be grateful to receive advice.
AKS
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-03-09T14:09:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-03-09T06:38:56+00:00 I have to say that for a thread that is 3 weeks old, I'm troubled nobody from Microsoft Tech has acknowledged the issue yet. This is not encouraging. Clearly something was broken in KB 4601319.
Hi,
The problem still persists.
I could back up only after I got a notification on back ups after which back up could be accomplished by following links from the notification.
Regards
AKS
-
Anonymous
2021-03-06T19:42:43+00:00 I have to say that for a thread that is 3 weeks old, I'm troubled nobody from Microsoft Tech has acknowledged the issue yet. This is not encouraging. Clearly something was broken in KB 4601319.
-
Anonymous
2021-03-06T19:39:53+00:00 I'm so grateful you posted this. I rolled back KB4601319 and backup resumed immediately as well.
-
Anonymous
2021-03-06T19:20:18+00:00 I have the exact same problem. I am 99 percent sure it is due to the newly installed KB4601319. When I roll back KB4601319 the problem disappears and when I apply it again the problem reappears.
I am experiencing exactly the same problem since February 10, 2021. I tried a complete reset of File History: deleted configuration files, the backup folder itself and changed the destination to another external drive, and the problem still persists. Rolling back KB4601319 corrected the issue.