It looks like problem has been fixed with KB5001330 released today :-)
Hi,
Size of backup is still "0 bytes".
No change, there, I'm afraid.
AKS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
For the past few days, File History on my Windows 10 Home (20H2) has stopped working.
In Settings, "Back up options" opens after a noticeable delay and displays the size of my back-up as zero bytes with the message' "Your data is not yet backed up".
On clicking "Back up Now", a "Cancel" button appears after a few seconds with no back up having taken place.
On clicking "Advanced options" and clicking on "Run Now", an error message gets displayed, "We can't copy files to your File History Drive; Failed to initiate user data back-up (Error 80070005)".
I had even contacted MS Support (tier 1) and gone through a remote PC access session but the problem persists.
I'd be grateful to receive advice.
AKS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It looks like problem has been fixed with KB5001330 released today :-)
Hi,
Size of backup is still "0 bytes".
No change, there, I'm afraid.
AKS
I have to say that for a thread that is 3 weeks old, I'm troubled nobody from Microsoft Tech has acknowledged the issue yet. This is not encouraging. Clearly something was broken in KB 4601319.
I'm so grateful you posted this. I rolled back KB4601319 and backup resumed immediately as well.
So no file back-ups without going through hoops till it's fixed? I hope it's soon, I am one who does a back-up every week and I don't like not having one.
Sure, let's hope it will be fixed soon :-)
If you need the old version of fhcfg.dll, you can download it from my website, using https://bhpark.dk/fhcfg.dll.
You might see a warning from your browser, but the file is absolutely virus free :-)