How do I configure my bios for Legacy?
Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD
Hey all,
I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used before. I already tried shift+f10, and the only drive that pops up is my USB. The drive shows up in BIOS.
Thanks!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-02-19T01:54:52+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-02-19T08:20:09+00:00 What is the make and model of you SSD? Is it attached to SATA?
-
Anonymous
2021-02-19T08:25:46+00:00 Do you have a HDD that you can plug into the SATA and boot with the USB Windows 10 install media. Does it see the HDD?
-
Anonymous
2021-02-19T16:35:14+00:00 You will have to find in your BIOS the option corresponding to Secure Boot, disable it and change the option referring to UEFI to Legacy option.
-
Anonymous
2021-02-19T19:32:47+00:00 I do, I did, it didn’t. It’s so wierd, this is a drive with win10 on it too. It can boot to desktop fine enough, as old as is, but it doesn’t show up on install.