Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD

Anonymous
2021-02-16T00:50:56+00:00

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used before. I already tried shift+f10, and the only drive that pops up is my USB. The drive shows up in BIOS. 

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T02:14:48+00:00

    Hello, how are you?

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community!

    My name is Paloma B., I'm an independent advisor, I'm here to help you in the best possible way.

    This is an open community, whenever you need you can share the problem so that possible repairs are suggested.

    Could you give more information about the problem, please?

    Is your BIOS configured as UEFI or Legacy?

    Did you create the USB media as GPT or MBR?

    When you tried to use Shift + f10 to install, did you use diskpart procedures?

    If not, please perform the procedures below and try to continue the installation again.

    1. At the installation screen where you select the disk to install, press Shitf + F10 to open the command prompt;
    2. Type the commands below and press Enter:

    diskpart [Enter]

    list disk [Enter]

    select disk 0 [Enter] ("0" must be the SSD disk number)

    clean [Enter]

    create partition primary [Enter]

    exit [Enter]

    1. Click update and verify that the SSD appears to continue the installation.

    You can also access the thread below to assist you with the installation, it is very detailed.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

    I await news.

    If these procedures helped you in any way, please click on "I solved my problem" and also mark as an answer, so you can help others users.

    We will always be available for whatever you need!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T01:01:45+00:00

    Did you go to Disk Management?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments