Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD

Anonymous
2021-02-16T00:50:56+00:00

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used before. I already tried shift+f10, and the only drive that pops up is my USB. The drive shows up in BIOS. 

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T19:52:01+00:00

    Hi,

    It is possible for a drive to appear in Bios, but still be non-functional..

    The Bios basically reads the Bios of the SSD.. Just because the SSD's Bios works does not mean the SSD works..

    Since the SSD has never been formatted it should appear regardless as to whether you select Legacy or UEFI Bios..

    Is this a typical SATA SSD, or is it one of the NVMe drives ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T19:48:47+00:00

    Hi OwenTacy,

    Your motherboard support page is:

    https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crossblade/rog-crossblade-ranger-model/helpdesk\_download

    On this page the storage driver is what I think you need. The link is

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/sata/AMDRAID\_Win7-81-10\_V121\_131\_614\_612\_615.zip

    Extract to a folder on the USB drive and have the Load Driver search that folder.

    AamazingTech2

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T19:41:11+00:00

    I’ll try this. I’m using an ASUS Crossblade Ranger FM2 board.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T19:37:28+00:00

    I’ll go through your questions one at a time.

    1. I’m not sure, but I booted to the usb in UEFI mode.
    2. I’m not sure, how would I check?
    3. Yes, the only drive that appeared was my USB.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T04:53:47+00:00

    You’ll need to download updated storage drivers.

    What desktop, laptop or motherboard model are you using?

    Find the storage driver and put them on the USB drive.

    The setup screen for the drive to install Windows on has a Load Driver option. 

    AamazingTech2

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments