Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD

Anonymous
2021-02-16T00:50:56+00:00

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used before. I already tried shift+f10, and the only drive that pops up is my USB. The drive shows up in BIOS. 

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-20T01:22:38+00:00

    Yeah, it's the correct mb. The installer didn't say it found a driver to install, but when I went into the file manually and clicked on the folder with win10 64 it allowed me to install it. Though it didn't look like it did anything. It's worth noting that this mb hasn't been touched since I installed it first like 5` yrs ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-19T20:03:42+00:00

    Yeah. It's going to be storage drivers that you need to get it to recognize your SATA devices.

    Was that link to your motherboard support correct? When you loaded the driver did it pop up it found a driver to install?

    Do you have an older version of Windows 10 install?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-19T19:32:47+00:00

    I do, I did, it didn’t. It’s so wierd, this is a drive with win10 on it too. It can boot to desktop fine enough, as old as is, but it doesn’t show up on install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-19T16:35:14+00:00

    You will have to find in your BIOS the option corresponding to Secure Boot, disable it and change the option referring to UEFI to Legacy option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-19T08:25:46+00:00

    Do you have a HDD that you can plug into the SATA and boot with the USB Windows 10 install media. Does it see the HDD?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments