Well the command went through, but the drivers still arent working.
Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD
Hey all,
I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used before. I already tried shift+f10, and the only drive that pops up is my USB. The drive shows up in BIOS.
Thanks!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-02-21T22:06:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-02-21T21:42:03+00:00 Oh I see now. Microsoft has it without the underscore.
Del x:\windows\inf\amdsata.inf
-
Anonymous
2021-02-21T21:38:07+00:00 Can you do
dir X:\Windows\inf\AMD*.inf
-
Anonymous
2021-02-21T21:19:37+00:00 Inputted the command, says it couldn’t find the file.
-
Anonymous
2021-02-20T07:23:37+00:00 OK. I think I figured it out.
20H2 has newer drivers for AMD SATA but they probably don't have your hardware ID.
Let's open the command prompt using Shift-F10.
del x:\Windows\Inf\AMD_SATA.INF
Now let's go back to the Windows Setup GUI and where you Load Driver.