Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD

Anonymous
2021-02-16T00:50:56+00:00

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used before. I already tried shift+f10, and the only drive that pops up is my USB. The drive shows up in BIOS. 

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-24T20:18:54+00:00

    I did, still nothing. I inputted the command, but everything past dev_7801 wasn’t recognized.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-23T21:34:12+00:00

    Ok. So looks like VEN_1022&DEV_7801 is the SATA AHCI Mode.

    Windows 10 20H2 and 1909 does not have this hardware driver.

    When you unchecked “hide drivers that aren’t compatible with this computer’s hardware” did you select/highlight all 6 listing of AMD SATA Controller?

    Can you list the output of

    reg query "hklm\system\controlset001\enum\pci\ven_1022&dev_7801&subsys_85ca1043&rev40"

    then there will be another key something like "3&11583659&0&EA"

    reg query "hklm\system\controlset001\enum\pci\ven_1022&dev_7801&subsys_85ca1043&rev40\3&11583659&0&EA"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-23T19:43:24+00:00

    Here’s what I got.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-21T22:28:11+00:00

    Ok. Let check the Hardware IDs.

    From the command prompt.

    reg query hklm\system\controlset001\enum\pci

    Easiest to take a picture and upload.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-21T22:08:55+00:00

    Though when I click the box that says “hide drivers that aren’t compatible with this computer’s hardware”, they do show up. They just don’t do anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments