Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD
Hey all,
I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used before. I already tried shift+f10, and the only drive that pops up is my USB. The drive shows up in BIOS.
Thanks!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-02-26T21:38:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-02-26T05:14:48+00:00 Also near the end you used capital letters and not lower case.
-
Anonymous
2021-02-25T22:56:50+00:00 No dice, system couldnt find the “specified registry key or value”
-
Anonymous
2021-02-24T21:44:01+00:00 Need the quotes. Problem comes at the first & without quotes.
reg query "hklm\system\controlset001\enum\pci\ven_1022&dev_7801&subsys_85ca1043&rev40"