Your Phone app can't send MMS messages

Anonymous
2021-03-25T16:59:31+00:00

Your Phone 1.21022.139.0

Samsung S8, Android v9

Any MMS message I attempt to send via Your phone app fails with the message "Your message couldn't be sent."

This happens with any image, video or group text (these are sent as MMS). Looking for some insight to why this happens and if there's a fix/workaround.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T19:19:15+00:00

    Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, the downloaded pictures doesn't seem to work. I have tried to send images downloaded to the computer, and they did not go through. (Again, I get an error message and can see that error message on my phone and hit send...)

    Excuse my ignorance, but is there an easy way to force a message to be sent as SMS? Or a group to be formed specifically as an SMS group? The Your Phone app or Samsung doesn't have a clear option that I can find.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T20:42:28+00:00

    Here what I found from a google search.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T21:26:47+00:00

    I had done some research, but had not had much luck. The Google search you shared was similarly not very helpful with a few hits actually talking about how you cannot send group texts unless you enable MMS... the opposite of what you suggested would work (and might if it is possible to do!) Unfortunately, I don't see any results that show how to force a group text as SMS and could not find any in my previous search either.

    Perhaps I will just have to wait for the next version of phone software, as MatthewJay suggested. I appreciate you attempt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T21:39:15+00:00

    Small clarification: I actually had to switch to a phone with an *older* version of Android (in my case, Android 9). Not that downgrading is a great option, but I wanted the replacement phone for other reasons and got a good deal on it, so it was an acceptable solution for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T21:48:31+00:00

    Thank you... my fault for not reading carefully. I probably won't be upgrading or downgrading soon, but your post made me think at least it wasn't something silly I was doing wrong. Appreciated!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments