Your Phone app can't send MMS messages

Anonymous
2021-03-25T16:59:31+00:00

Your Phone 1.21022.139.0

Samsung S8, Android v9

Any MMS message I attempt to send via Your phone app fails with the message "Your message couldn't be sent."

This happens with any image, video or group text (these are sent as MMS). Looking for some insight to why this happens and if there's a fix/workaround.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T03:03:35+00:00

    Try making sure that the image is downloaded to your pc. It could be that it cannot send the image via as how it cannot access the file. So try sending an image of something you have saved on your pc and see if that does anything. Let me know what happens

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T17:07:49+00:00

    Interestingly, I just got a different phone with an earlier version of Android (9) and sending MMS from Your Phone is working perfectly.

    Also, before switching phones, I noticed the same thing as a previous poster mentioned, where the MMS would fail to actually send from Your Phone on PC but it would show up in the Messages app on my phone. Then I could tap to retry sending and it would go out correctly. It seems odd that TXT works fine, and MMS makes it to the phone, but won't actually send out except via direct interaction with the phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T17:31:46+00:00

    Like I said it could be having trouble sending the photos because it has no easy way to access them. By easy way I mean like the photo is downloaded to the PC your using, or your mobile device that has the picture is connected to the PC in question and is able to look at the files on the device.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T17:53:39+00:00

    The thing is, this is for any MMS whether there are photos or not (and regardless of where the photos are stored; yes I have tried sending photos stored on the PC and from the phone and it never works).

    The practical problem for me is that I participate in several important group threads. The "Your Phone" app on PC is unable to respond to those threads even when no photos are included because all group threads are sent as MMS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T18:13:24+00:00

    So okay I did some research and it can messages through group threads if it the group sends messages through SMS. So what I suggest is creating a new group with all the same people and make sure that it is an SMS group not MMS group. From what I found it will work to do what you want as long as the group messages are sent as SMS. If the group messages are sent as MMS you cannot do what you want. *Bold green text is what I'm basically trying to say*

    So try making the group with all the same people but the messages are sent as SMS not MMS, and that should fix your issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments