Your Phone app can't send MMS messages

Anonymous
2021-03-25T16:59:31+00:00

Your Phone 1.21022.139.0

Samsung S8, Android v9

Any MMS message I attempt to send via Your phone app fails with the message "Your message couldn't be sent."

This happens with any image, video or group text (these are sent as MMS). Looking for some insight to why this happens and if there's a fix/workaround.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-21T00:50:19+00:00

    The phone does have a sim card and an active service plan. I am able to respond to the same threads from the phone, just not from Your Phone on my PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-21T13:38:32+00:00

    Check for updates with the YP app in the microsoft store. This could be caused because of an outdated version of the app. That or it could be because of updates that need to be installed via Updates in settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-21T13:51:23+00:00

    Just checked via the Store and via Settings in the app, it's reporting as completely up to date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-15T02:28:57+00:00

    So frustrating. I would love any insight to being able to reply to group messages or to send images. Everything else in the app works SO well. And what is strange is that the message appears on my phone after I get the Failed message, but as not sent. I often type things in the YP app, let it fail to send, and then just hit retry on my phone. It goes through.

    I LOVE the Your Phone for easy texting and it's been a big part of what has been motivating me away from Apply. Please see what you can do. (Windows 10 on a ThinkPad T490 linked to a Galaxy S20)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-15T16:16:38+00:00

    I recently came back to YP after ditching it due to this issue with basic functionality. Was hoping it was fixed - it's not. I see a lot of cool new features in this app but the basics of sending a text to multiple people or an image is still broken (since March 2021!). How can this be the case? I love the app, but it's annoying to have to switch to my phone to send any group texts or MMS. Samsung Note20 Ultra and Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments