Your Phone app can't send MMS messages

Anonymous
2021-03-25T16:59:31+00:00

Your Phone 1.21022.139.0

Samsung S8, Android v9

Any MMS message I attempt to send via Your phone app fails with the message "Your message couldn't be sent."

This happens with any image, video or group text (these are sent as MMS). Looking for some insight to why this happens and if there's a fix/workaround.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-26T02:33:34+00:00

    Hi,

    Are you running an Insider Build of Windows 10?

    Troubleshooting the Your Phone app (microsoft.com)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-26T04:33:19+00:00

    No. Windows 20H2 (19042.867)

    This seems to be the only MS forum I could find discussing the Your Phone app though. After reading some of the troubleshooting links that discuss supported devices it seems that the S8 may be too old. That documentation references S9 and newer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-26T07:03:34+00:00

    Thanks, we have Your Phone forum for the stable releases as well.

    Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

    Certain features of the YP app are limited to certain Samsung devices indeed, but I am not sure about MMS though. Have you tried reconfiguring the App?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-26T11:56:30+00:00

    I have - uninstalled/reinstalled Windows app and Android app, disconnected/reconnected, checked all settings, etc. I'm due for  anew phone anyway, so my next step is probably trying a newer phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-08T17:14:51+00:00

    I have a new Note 10, linked to windows, using Your Phone app. Have been sending messages including group messages for months.

    This week, group messages will not send. Oddly can still send msgs to individuals.

    I have tried restarting, unlinking and relinking, clearing data, cache, almost everything I can think of.

    Please tell me there is a way to fix this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments