Your Phone app can't send MMS messages

Anonymous
2021-03-25T16:59:31+00:00

Your Phone 1.21022.139.0

Samsung S8, Android v9

Any MMS message I attempt to send via Your phone app fails with the message "Your message couldn't be sent."

This happens with any image, video or group text (these are sent as MMS). Looking for some insight to why this happens and if there's a fix/workaround.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-26T15:08:00+00:00

    The MMS messages do not send. When attempting to send or reply to a group message in Your Phone on the PC, the "Your message cannot be sent" message displays in the Your Phone on the PC and "message failed" displays on the messages app on the phone.

    It just doesn't work.

    Microsoft? Any input???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-01T13:08:24+00:00

    I switched to an iPhone temporarily a few months back but I'll be switching back to Android soon. I see this still isn't working - shocker.

    How do these things even get past alpha testing? This is such a common and necessary function. Is the testing so minimal that no one caught this or did they know it doesn't work but released the app anyway with no plan to fix it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T19:29:51+00:00

    I am 100% sure that no MMS group messages are being sent. All other non group functions are working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T19:12:22+00:00

    Phone: Samsung S20 Ultra 5GSMG988U

    PC:Surface PRO 7

    Are you sure they aren't being sent.? I have the same issue/symptom. When I am linked to phone and send a text, picture, or anything by message app, I get the error "Your message couldn't be sent"

    But it IS actually sent. I see it immediately on my phone, and the recipient says they received the message. It seems there is something that makes the phone app on the Surface PRO 7 think it wasn't sent when it was.

    That error display is annoying though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T17:00:22+00:00

    Its possible to start the thread on your PC's your phone app but it is still broken. Still get the old " this message cant be sent error." Im so happy I waited a month for the most useless response ever. It's like someone asked how do you put pants on and Microsoft says " try putting your pants on one leg at a time" THANKS

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments