Just checked via the Store and via Settings in the app, it's reporting as completely up to date.
Your Phone app can't send MMS messages
Your Phone 1.21022.139.0
Samsung S8, Android v9
Any MMS message I attempt to send via Your phone app fails with the message "Your message couldn't be sent."
This happens with any image, video or group text (these are sent as MMS). Looking for some insight to why this happens and if there's a fix/workaround.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-10-21T13:51:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-10-21T13:38:32+00:00 Check for updates with the YP app in the microsoft store. This could be caused because of an outdated version of the app. That or it could be because of updates that need to be installed via Updates in settings.
-
Anonymous
2021-10-21T00:50:19+00:00 The phone does have a sim card and an active service plan. I am able to respond to the same threads from the phone, just not from Your Phone on my PC.
-
Anonymous
2021-10-20T18:29:02+00:00 Bruh I have something you prob. haven't heard of. My idea is to check and see if your phone even has a SIM card and or you actually have a working service plan. if it's linked to your phone then it also linkes with your phone's SIM/Mobile Data plan. SO if you don't have a working service plan that gives you Mobile Data/have a SIM card that works then it link with no working service plan that gives you mobile data/have a workin SIM card. So what I'm saying is create the same group on your phone and see if you can do this on your phone it's self. Because if you can't do this on your phone itself then you can't do it on the Your Phone app.
-
Anonymous
2021-10-20T14:47:03+00:00 I am having this issue as well. Funning fully-updated Windows on a 1-year-old Dell. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy A12 on Android 11.
All MMS messages sent from "Your Phone" fail. Doesn't matter if I start the thread or respond to an existing one.
I've reset / uninstalled / reconfigured the apps on both ends multiple times to no avail.
Would love to have this fixed since virtually all my texting is group threads -- therefore MMS -- therefore not working. :(
It worked flawlessly on my old Galaxy J7, which is around two or three years old. I find it odd that the newer phone is the one having problems.