Like I said it could be having trouble sending the photos because it has no easy way to access them. By easy way I mean like the photo is downloaded to the PC your using, or your mobile device that has the picture is connected to the PC in question and is able to look at the files on the device.
Your Phone app can't send MMS messages
Your Phone 1.21022.139.0
Samsung S8, Android v9
Any MMS message I attempt to send via Your phone app fails with the message "Your message couldn't be sent."
This happens with any image, video or group text (these are sent as MMS). Looking for some insight to why this happens and if there's a fix/workaround.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-12-01T17:31:46+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-12-01T17:07:49+00:00 Interestingly, I just got a different phone with an earlier version of Android (9) and sending MMS from Your Phone is working perfectly.
Also, before switching phones, I noticed the same thing as a previous poster mentioned, where the MMS would fail to actually send from Your Phone on PC but it would show up in the Messages app on my phone. Then I could tap to retry sending and it would go out correctly. It seems odd that TXT works fine, and MMS makes it to the phone, but won't actually send out except via direct interaction with the phone.
-
Anonymous
2021-12-01T03:03:35+00:00 Try making sure that the image is downloaded to your pc. It could be that it cannot send the image via as how it cannot access the file. So try sending an image of something you have saved on your pc and see if that does anything. Let me know what happens
-
Anonymous
2021-11-15T16:16:38+00:00 I recently came back to YP after ditching it due to this issue with basic functionality. Was hoping it was fixed - it's not. I see a lot of cool new features in this app but the basics of sending a text to multiple people or an image is still broken (since March 2021!). How can this be the case? I love the app, but it's annoying to have to switch to my phone to send any group texts or MMS. Samsung Note20 Ultra and Windows 11.
-
Anonymous
2021-11-15T02:28:57+00:00 So frustrating. I would love any insight to being able to reply to group messages or to send images. Everything else in the app works SO well. And what is strange is that the message appears on my phone after I get the Failed message, but as not sent. I often type things in the YP app, let it fail to send, and then just hit retry on my phone. It goes through.
I LOVE the Your Phone for easy texting and it's been a big part of what has been motivating me away from Apply. Please see what you can do. (Windows 10 on a ThinkPad T490 linked to a Galaxy S20)