Your Phone app can't send MMS messages

Anonymous
2021-03-25T16:59:31+00:00

Your Phone 1.21022.139.0

Samsung S8, Android v9

Any MMS message I attempt to send via Your phone app fails with the message "Your message couldn't be sent."

This happens with any image, video or group text (these are sent as MMS). Looking for some insight to why this happens and if there's a fix/workaround.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-02T14:22:52+00:00

    I actually was NOT able to figure out a way to send pictures or group texts via Your Phone. I appreciate your attempts, but downloading pictures made no difference and there was no way for me to force SMS (your Google search had no results suggesting a way) and so it wasn't a solution.

    As far as I can see, the problem is more likely a Microsoft/Samsung problem that is out of my hands.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-02T13:07:14+00:00

    Hey at least we were able to help you figure out some way to do what you wanted, and that is what matters in the end right?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T21:48:31+00:00

    Thank you... my fault for not reading carefully. I probably won't be upgrading or downgrading soon, but your post made me think at least it wasn't something silly I was doing wrong. Appreciated!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T21:39:15+00:00

    Small clarification: I actually had to switch to a phone with an *older* version of Android (in my case, Android 9). Not that downgrading is a great option, but I wanted the replacement phone for other reasons and got a good deal on it, so it was an acceptable solution for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments