I am 100% sure that no MMS group messages are being sent. All other non group functions are working.
Your Phone app can't send MMS messages
Your Phone 1.21022.139.0
Samsung S8, Android v9
Any MMS message I attempt to send via Your phone app fails with the message "Your message couldn't be sent."
This happens with any image, video or group text (these are sent as MMS). Looking for some insight to why this happens and if there's a fix/workaround.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-08-31T19:29:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-08-31T19:12:22+00:00 Phone: Samsung S20 Ultra 5GSMG988U
PC:Surface PRO 7
Are you sure they aren't being sent.? I have the same issue/symptom. When I am linked to phone and send a text, picture, or anything by message app, I get the error "Your message couldn't be sent"
But it IS actually sent. I see it immediately on my phone, and the recipient says they received the message. It seems there is something that makes the phone app on the Surface PRO 7 think it wasn't sent when it was.
That error display is annoying though.
-
Anonymous
2021-08-31T17:00:22+00:00 Its possible to start the thread on your PC's your phone app but it is still broken. Still get the old " this message cant be sent error." Im so happy I waited a month for the most useless response ever. It's like someone asked how do you put pants on and Microsoft says " try putting your pants on one leg at a time" THANKS
-
Anonymous
2021-08-31T11:47:41+00:00 Microsoft: Please explain how this 'solution' is supposed to work with a MMS text thread involving more than one recipient? Explain how to press "enter" in the TO line on the PC Your Phone application in a MMS text thread that was initiated on the phone? How to continue in the MMS text thread on the PC?
Thank you.
-
Anonymous
2021-08-30T22:18:53+00:00 That is literally the only way to do it so no that does not solve the issue at all.