Your Phone app can't send MMS messages

Anonymous
2021-03-25T16:59:31+00:00

Your Phone 1.21022.139.0

Samsung S8, Android v9

Any MMS message I attempt to send via Your phone app fails with the message "Your message couldn't be sent."

This happens with any image, video or group text (these are sent as MMS). Looking for some insight to why this happens and if there's a fix/workaround.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T21:39:15+00:00

    Small clarification: I actually had to switch to a phone with an *older* version of Android (in my case, Android 9). Not that downgrading is a great option, but I wanted the replacement phone for other reasons and got a good deal on it, so it was an acceptable solution for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T21:26:47+00:00

    I had done some research, but had not had much luck. The Google search you shared was similarly not very helpful with a few hits actually talking about how you cannot send group texts unless you enable MMS... the opposite of what you suggested would work (and might if it is possible to do!) Unfortunately, I don't see any results that show how to force a group text as SMS and could not find any in my previous search either.

    Perhaps I will just have to wait for the next version of phone software, as MatthewJay suggested. I appreciate you attempt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-26T07:03:34+00:00

    Thanks, we have Your Phone forum for the stable releases as well.

    Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

    Certain features of the YP app are limited to certain Samsung devices indeed, but I am not sure about MMS though. Have you tried reconfiguring the App?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-26T04:33:19+00:00

    No. Windows 20H2 (19042.867)

    This seems to be the only MS forum I could find discussing the Your Phone app though. After reading some of the troubleshooting links that discuss supported devices it seems that the S8 may be too old. That documentation references S9 and newer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-26T02:33:34+00:00

    Hi,

    Are you running an Insider Build of Windows 10?

    Troubleshooting the Your Phone app (microsoft.com)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments