I Would Have Already Done an Clean-install but you may know the hassle of reinstalling all the apps and drivers...specially Microsoft office and Photoshop
But What Is If upgrade to 21h1 Through The Update Assistant??
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello All
Hope You All Are Doing Great..
So I Was Having Problems With The Windows Update, Searched On Internet But Didn’t Find Any Usable Results; So I Decided To Do An In-Place Upgrade> Downloaded MCT>Got A Fresh Copy Of Windows Iso…
But
When I Started The Setup, It Showed That The “Keep Personal Files, Apps And Settings” Is Greyed Out, And The “Keep Personal Files Option” Is Greyed Out Too..
So I Was Left With Just Nothing Option But Had A Whooping 50 Gb Off Photos,Videos And Docs On My Pc And No One Would Like To Ever Wipe Of Them..
And The Reason Was That “Your Files, Apps, And Settings Can’t Be Kept Because Your Current Version Of Windows Might Be Installed In An Unsupported Directory Or You’re Trying To Install An Older Version Of Windows.”
Again Searched Internet And Found About The Registry And Directories But My PC Was Good In The Registry…
So I Found That This Is A Bug With Windows 10 Version 19042 At This Site: [Fix] Can't Repair Install Windows 10 20H2 - Your Windows Guide …
So Should I Make The Changes Because The Site States That “Important : The Fix Is Only ApplicableTo Windows 10 Version 20H2 Build 19042. DoingThis On Other Releases May Lead To PC InAn Unbootable State.”
Any Suggestion Or Fix Will Be Really Helpful
And Ohh Yes My Windows Specifications
Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version: 20H2
Installed On: 22-12-2020
OS Build : 19042.631
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0
Device name OPTIPLEX3020
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB
Device ID 585EDC1A-1A5D-40DE-B9D1-0A830576C5E6
Product ID 00330-50000-00000-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Thank You All
Hope This Is Understandable
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I Would Have Already Done an Clean-install but you may know the hassle of reinstalling all the apps and drivers...specially Microsoft office and Photoshop
But What Is If upgrade to 21h1 Through The Update Assistant??
I test that with clean installed 20H2. Installed updates list show 20H2 enablement package, but uninstalling didn't work because there wasn't 20H1 so it I believe it won't work with Win 7 -> 20H2.
On some previous posting you say that you are going to wait 21H1, but that is also based on 20H1 code base and update from 20H2 (build 19042.xxx) to 21H1 (build 19043.xxx) is also done by small 21H1 enablement package. Because you have 20H2 you are not going to get full 21H1 build, only that enablement package.
As you have serious update service issues (?) and it's direct update from Win 7 to Windows 10 (not clan install of 20H2?) it would be best if you do clean install of 20H2 or wait 21H1.
Well, I have read that 20H2 and Version 2004 Aka 20H1 both have the same core base, So If i just Uninstall The Feature Update to Version 20H2 Through Enablement Package willl it turn back to 2004??
I Am Afraid of doing that because I just directly updated to Windows 10 From Windows 7 On 22 Of December..
So Will It Work?
I have already post link to latest CU. Those two are 3 months old.
Old fixes are included to latest CU. That's why those are called Cumulative Updates.
I’m aware of that. I’m wishing to see if this will install before trying to install other updates.
I have already post link to latest CU. Those two are 3 months old.
Old fixes are included to latest CU. That's why those are called Cumulative Updates.
Well Funny Thing Was That Microsoft SmartScreen defender reported that file is harmful in Microsoft edge... Probably A false-alert!!