Browser starts at the startup

Anonymous
2021-03-12T13:58:04+00:00

I have been getting this problem lately. At startup of OS, the services of a browser starts. At first, it was Chrome. I thought it was chrome at fault, but after uninstalling it, Firefox services started with startup. The whole window of Firefox doesn't start, only the services do.

The browser services aren't even in the startup tab

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-12T15:27:48+00:00

    Nope. I tried that and did try it now too. Stopping Mozilla Maintenance service won't help

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-12T14:45:49+00:00

    Hello, how are you?

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community!

    My name is Paloma B., I'm an independent advisor, I'm here to help you in the best possible way.

    I understand that you have problems starting Windows.

    Please perform the procedures below and check if the same is true.

    Clean Boot

    For clean boot follow the steps below:

    1. On the Desktop, simultaneously press the Windows + R keys to open Run;
    2. In Run, type MSCONFIG and click OK to open the System Configuration;
    3. On the Services tab, check the option Hide all Microsoft services and click Disable All;
    4. Click Apply and OK;
    5. Restart the computer.

    NOTE: This procedure disables all third-party services and programs. You can later, if the problem is solved in this way, selectively enable the programs and services that will start with Windows, instead of keeping all disabled. If the problem returns after activating the startup of a specific service or program, the problem is exactly in the startup of this software and it is recommended to remove it.

    I await news.

    If these procedures helped you in any way, please click on "I solved my problem" and also mark as an answer, so you can help others users.

    We will always be available for whatever you need!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments