Browser starts at the startup

Anonymous
2021-03-12T13:58:04+00:00

I have been getting this problem lately. At startup of OS, the services of a browser starts. At first, it was Chrome. I thought it was chrome at fault, but after uninstalling it, Firefox services started with startup. The whole window of Firefox doesn't start, only the services do.

The browser services aren't even in the startup tab

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-15T02:40:04+00:00

    Also any browser services start. First Chrome, uninstalled Chrome, now Firefox. Pretty sure if I uninstall Firefox, edge will start behaving like that too

    Bad work on the latest update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-15T02:31:03+00:00

    Nope.

    1.  Latest windows 10 20H2 with latest cummulative update installed yesterday

    2.  Ran system file checker AND ran dism restore health too

    3.  It is to the latest update AND it isn't about Firefox it's about (probably) windows being at fault

    1. I have a restore point which is around 5 days old and in it too I had the same problem :/

    Commands I ran: 

    sfc /scannow

    DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /Restorehealth

     <Reboot>

    sfc /scannow

    And all the corrupt files were gone and the problem was still there

    I think it's windows 10 20H2 because after I updated this problem came

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-14T22:36:07+00:00

    Sorry for the response.

    '

    Please try the following.

    1. Install the latest Windows update.
    2. Use System File Checker to check and fix corrupted system files that may be the cause of the issue. Please refer to the link.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402652...

    1. Update the Mozilla Firefox.
    2. Use System Restore to restore your Windows to the point before the issue persists.

    Open Control Panel > System and Security > System > System Protection > System Restore then follow screen instructions.

    I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-14T15:32:50+00:00

    Nope. It ain't. Chrome had the same problem too. Firefox is perfectly fine and I reset it once too. But still the same

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-14T05:45:51+00:00

    Hi [TheEmperor],

    I'm Paul, an Independent Advisor. I hope I can help you with your concern.

    The Mozilla Firefox might be corrupted so I recommend that you uninstall and reinstall it.

    I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments