Browser starts at the startup

Anonymous
2021-03-12T13:58:04+00:00

I have been getting this problem lately. At startup of OS, the services of a browser starts. At first, it was Chrome. I thought it was chrome at fault, but after uninstalling it, Firefox services started with startup. The whole window of Firefox doesn't start, only the services do.

The browser services aren't even in the startup tab

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T05:45:19+00:00

    MpKslDrv.sys file not found. I researched on it (*binging) and found that it is some file to secure the system from new malwares. 

    i am suspicious on these:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T04:27:23+00:00

    Neither do I know. Well, caution is certainly appropriate...

    (1) Use the Options menu to "Hide Microsoft Entries", if you like Microsoft.

    (2) If an entry says "File not found", it's just taking up space & costing a nanosecond/so for Windows to consider it during boot. It probably is a remnant of a sloppy uninstall. You may...

    (a) Uncheck it at left to disable it. Then you've got your nanosecond back.

    (b) Right-click it, & select Delete. It's gone -- you've got your nanosecond & your space.

    Image

    I clicked Search Online on that (atmfd,dll) & discovered Microsoft did work on it due to a security vulnerability. I searched in File Explorer to see the file indeed didn't exist. Then I deleted the entry, (as I had deleted a bunch before).

    (3) If an entry is for an app you've uninstalled, probably it is a remnant left over & can be at least disabled (unchecked). But best do the Search Online.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T02:43:14+00:00

    Now that's the problem. I don't know which one is needed and which one isn't 😅

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T20:26:10+00:00

    See how many there actually are? Use Find in the Entry menu if you don't immediately spot the offenders.

    Careful you don't turn a thing off that needs to be on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T13:17:22+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments