Browser starts at the startup

Anonymous
2021-03-12T13:58:04+00:00

I have been getting this problem lately. At startup of OS, the services of a browser starts. At first, it was Chrome. I thought it was chrome at fault, but after uninstalling it, Firefox services started with startup. The whole window of Firefox doesn't start, only the services do.

The browser services aren't even in the startup tab

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-20T04:11:24+00:00

    Still the same issue. I don't understand what is causing it. Neither is there any signs of this problem to anyone else on the internet

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-19T05:11:23+00:00

    It won't say that. You removed an entry from the startup group that was doing nothing but take up space & time. Just don't delete anything heavy duty without careful study, & you'll be fine. Otherwise, a System Restore will get you back going probably.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-19T04:25:09+00:00

    Alrighty! just deleted MPKsl978458c9 schedule and hopefully (i don't think so) fixes the problem. If it doesn't, well in place upgrade will be the last way i guess. Hope it doesn't happen but what if it says "Diagnosing your PC" in the next boot up 😂

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T07:37:46+00:00

    MpKslDrv.sys is not mentioned in my Autoruns even with Microsoft entries not hidden. I can't recall whether it was once there & I deleted it. The file is not found in File Explorer. Here is where I'd expect it should be going by Search Online...

    That folder name I've underlined might be variable. Do you have more than one in the Definition Updates folder? I think it probably did belong to Defender once, but possibly was was eliminated with an engine update, or maybe it comes & goes on an as-needed basis. Or maybe I got rid of mine this way...

    "START, Settings, System, Storage, Temporary Files"...

    In any event, I think you can safely delete that MpKslDrv.sysfrom Autoruns. I say the same for MPKsl978458c9 in your 3rd picture.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T05:47:36+00:00

    welp turns out 2 of them are drivers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments