No, just make sure to choose the "Keep Windows settings, personal files, and Apps" option.
Browser starts at the startup
I have been getting this problem lately. At startup of OS, the services of a browser starts. At first, it was Chrome. I thought it was chrome at fault, but after uninstalling it, Firefox services started with startup. The whole window of Firefox doesn't start, only the services do.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-03-15T03:30:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-03-15T03:21:47+00:00 Will this make me loose my files in atleast the C: drive because it's like installing windows 10 over another windows 10 or reseting the system
-
Anonymous
2021-03-15T02:59:25+00:00 The last option I can recommend is that you perform a repair/in-place upgrade.
Follow the instructions below.
A. Downloading the Windows 10 ISO file.
- Download the tool (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209), and select Run. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
- If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
- On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC and then select Next.
- Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10. (Select the same as the currently installed system on your PC)
- In "Select which media you want to use", Select ISO file then click Next.
- Select the download location then click Save.
- Windows 10 ISO file will be downloaded,
B. Repair Upgrade installation.
- Right-click Windows 10 ISO file and click Mount.
- Open/run the Setup.exe.
- The preparation starts
- To get important updates, select Download and install updates. (Wait while checking for updates).
- Accept the terms of the license agreement
- The installation is ready to be applied, verify the information and ensure that "Keep personal files and applications is checked".
- Click on Install to start the upgrade.
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.
-
Anonymous
2021-03-15T02:40:04+00:00 Also any browser services start. First Chrome, uninstalled Chrome, now Firefox. Pretty sure if I uninstall Firefox, edge will start behaving like that too
Bad work on the latest update
-
Anonymous
2021-03-15T02:31:03+00:00 Nope.
1. Latest windows 10 20H2 with latest cummulative update installed yesterday
2. Ran system file checker AND ran dism restore health too
3. It is to the latest update AND it isn't about Firefox it's about (probably) windows being at fault
- I have a restore point which is around 5 days old and in it too I had the same problem :/
Commands I ran:
sfc /scannow
DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /Restorehealth
<Reboot>
sfc /scannow
And all the corrupt files were gone and the problem was still there
I think it's windows 10 20H2 because after I updated this problem came