Failed to Install - Feature update to windows 10,version 1909

Anonymous
2020-07-25T13:02:35+00:00

Whenever I update my windows (for feature update) I get the same error stating Failed to install with error code **0x800707e7.While restarting (after downloading and installing feature update) it gets completed around 70% (sometimes 40%) and gets loaded for sometime stating undoing changes made to your computer and then gets restarted with the old version 1809.**Still now I might have tried upto 5 times. I have even tried various ways but nothing worked.So, I left this update and tried to update my windows to version 2004 using windows assistant, Even after that i ended in the same problem.So, I came here for an help.Someone Please help me out.Thanks in advance.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-02T05:17:22+00:00

    Sir I found a thing.

    The updates for the drivers which were failed were for the windows 10 version 1903 and later. I found this in the microsoft catlog.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-04T07:54:09+00:00

    Hi ,

    Thanks Saltgrass,Lester BernardReyes,Kumar A. for replying my query.

    A special thaks to Saltgrass who helped me to find the error which is happening while updating my windows 10.

    Now I have updated my windows 10 1809 to 2004 by just by deleting the user named H which was the problem (by creating a new one and deleting the old user H) and then tried to update my windows 10 with ISO and got updated (without losing any of my files).

    Now all the driver updates where updated successfully without any error.

    Once again thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-18T07:10:09+00:00

    Hi I  am Abhijith M

    cyber expert,

    This issue may occur if there’s something wrong with Windows Update components. If Windows Update components corrupted, Windows Update may not work properly. In this case, try resetting Windows Update components. Here is how to do it:

    1. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type cmd and press Ctrl, Shift and Enter at the same time to run Command Prompt as administrator. You’ll be prompted for permission. Click Yes to open Command Prompt.
    2. In Command Prompt, type the command lines below and press Enter on your keyboard after typing each:

    net stop bits

    net stop wuauserv

    net stop appidsvc

    net stop cryptsvc

    The Windows Update related system services will be stopped after executing the command lines above.

    1. In Command Prompt, type the following command lines and press Enter after typing each:

    ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

    ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old

    You will rename the SoftwareDistribution and catroot2 folder as SoftwareDistribution.old and catroot2.old after you run these two command lines. These two folders are used by Windows Update to save temporary update files.

    By renaming these two folders, Windows will think these two folders are missing, and Windows will create new ones to store Windows update files. By doing that, you can avoid many Windows Update issues caused by the old corrupted temporary files in these two folders.

    1. In Command Prompt, type the following command lines and press Enter after each:

    net start bits

    net start wuauserv

    net start appidsvc

    net start cryptsvc

    After you executing the command lines above, you start the Windows Update related system services.   

    Thanku

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments