Failed to Install - Feature update to windows 10,version 1909

Anonymous
2020-07-25T13:02:35+00:00

Whenever I update my windows (for feature update) I get the same error stating Failed to install with error code **0x800707e7.While restarting (after downloading and installing feature update) it gets completed around 70% (sometimes 40%) and gets loaded for sometime stating undoing changes made to your computer and then gets restarted with the old version 1809.**Still now I might have tried upto 5 times. I have even tried various ways but nothing worked.So, I left this update and tried to update my windows to version 2004 using windows assistant, Even after that i ended in the same problem.So, I came here for an help.Someone Please help me out.Thanks in advance.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-28T14:51:46+00:00

    If it shows the log stops abruptly, there may be nothing in the setupact.log we can check to see what went wrong.  If the system did a reboot and was not able to continue the log, there may have been a boot configuration or a driver situation which would not let it continue..

    I have seen systems where their boot configuration had been modified by possibly another OS install of some type or they had used a third party software to set the boot configuration.

    You could open your setuperr.log and look for that error and see if others show that might explain the situation, but beyond that, the setupact.log might be necessary.  Sometimes we can find a reason but other times, we can't..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-28T15:32:15+00:00

    this is setupdiag.results when I tried to run it today after tring again for upgrading my PC

    Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48

    SetupDiag version: 1.6.0.0

    Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.

    Last Phase = Post First Boot

    Last Operation = First boot apply

    Error = 0x800707E7-0x3000D

    LogEntry: 2020-07-28 19:01:08, Error                 SP     Apply (first boot apply, online phase): Migration phase failed. Result: 4, specific error: 0x800707E7[gle=0x00000002]

    Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.

    Last Setup Phase:

    Phase Name: Post First Boot

    Phase Started: 28/7/2020 7:01:00 PM

    Phase Ended: 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM

    Phase Time Delta: 00:00:00

    Completed Successfully? False

    Last Setup Operation:

    Operation Name: First boot apply

    Operation Started: 28/7/2020 7:01:00 PM

    Operation Ended: 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM

    Operation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000

    Completed Successfully? False

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-28T17:06:06+00:00

    What the error might mean is a specific driver for some device cannot be determined.  In another log I saw two drivers installed for the same device and the upgrade could not choose between them.

    You might check the setupapi.dev.log to see if it shows errors or failures..  But I would need to see the setupact.log.  If you want, make them both available by zipping and putting them on your OneDrive or some other hosting site and give us a link.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-29T11:13:15+00:00

    Sir, Here is the drive link for the log files setupapi.dev.log and setupact.log 

    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ld9yqCGnglvUWyaniR\_V-oDXJzxg-PKr?usp=sharing

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments