Hi thanks for fast reply, that error means there is wrong with the file system of the pc, and the only option to upgrade is by doing custom installation (reinstall windows keeping your files and removing all app) or clean installation (remove all apps and files on the pc)
Failed to Install - Feature update to windows 10,version 1909
Whenever I update my windows (for feature update) I get the same error stating Failed to install with error code **0x800707e7.While restarting (after downloading and installing feature update) it gets completed around 70% (sometimes 40%) and gets loaded for sometime stating undoing changes made to your computer and then gets restarted with the old version 1809.**Still now I might have tried upto 5 times. I have even tried various ways but nothing worked.So, I left this update and tried to update my windows to version 2004 using windows assistant, Even after that i ended in the same problem.So, I came here for an help.Someone Please help me out.Thanks in advance.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-07-27T05:14:54+00:00 Sir, Can I Know how to do it.
-
Lester Bernard Reyes 85,505 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2020-07-27T13:24:46+00:00 Hi thanks for replying, for custom installation you may refer to this link:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/120352-cust...
Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
For Clean installation you may refer here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/for...
-Kudos to the owner of the blogpost
I hope this helps you :)
-
Anonymous
2020-07-27T14:35:15+00:00 If it helps any, the error meaning is below. At least it will give you something to research.
You might also read through the site below which may help gather info using the setupdiag.exe utility.. It does indicate were some files may already be on your system to help explain the situation..
- ERROR_PROFILE_DOES_NOT_MATCH_DEVICE
-
- 2023 (0x7E7)
-
- The specified profile is intended for a device of a different type than the specified device.
- ERROR_PROFILE_DOES_NOT_MATCH_DEVICE
-
Anonymous
2020-07-28T06:58:14+00:00 Sir, I have used the setupdiag.exe.
I have got the following error .
Matching Profile found: FindAbruptDownlevelFailure - 55882B1A-DA3E-408A-9076-23B22A0472BD
Error: SetupDiag reports abrupt down-level failure.
Last Operation: Finalize
Error: 0x800704C7 - 0x90019
LogEntry: 2020-07-27 18:45:55, Error MOUPG CSetupManager::Execute(294): Result = 0x800704C7