Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*"
This one is not working sir
I am getting an error stating cannot find path
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Whenever I update my windows (for feature update) I get the same error stating Failed to install with error code **0x800707e7.While restarting (after downloading and installing feature update) it gets completed around 70% (sometimes 40%) and gets loaded for sometime stating undoing changes made to your computer and then gets restarted with the old version 1809.**Still now I might have tried upto 5 times. I have even tried various ways but nothing worked.So, I left this update and tried to update my windows to version 2004 using windows assistant, Even after that i ended in the same problem.So, I came here for an help.Someone Please help me out.Thanks in advance.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*"
This one is not working sir
I am getting an error stating cannot find path
Hi
My name is Bernard and hopefully, this will help answer your question, there are many ways that we can update the computer, moreover as per checking your issue seems that we need to reset the update components then update it back, below are the steps and hope that will fix the issue:
Step 1. Do clean boot:
A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.
troubleshooting reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135...
Step 2. is to reset the Windows update components using the powershell command below.
Open Powershell with Admin or CMD with Admin (Press Windows key + X then click Windows Powershell(Admin))
Copy each line of command to Powershell then press enter (one line at a time)
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*"
rmdir %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution /S /Q
rmdir %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 /S /Q
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
If none will work from the above solution I suggest to do an in-place upgrade wherein it will upgrade the device to the latest version and repair all issues without deleting any files.
Note: before doing this make sure to create a restore point: https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/402753...
Reference: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
Note: if you receive error: “This Pc can’t be upgrade, follow the steps below”
Method 1. Go to C:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther then delete the file name compatscancache.dat
Then try again or reboot the PC first then try again.
You might not see the folder as it is hidden, make sure to show hidden files first.
Let me know how does it goes and I hope that helps.
Bernard
Independent Advisor
Good day! I'm Anil, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Let me help you sort things out
This issue may occur if there’s something wrong with Windows Update components. If Windows Update components corrupted, Windows Update may not work properly. In this case, try resetting Windows Update components. Here is how to do it:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
The Windows Update related system services will be stopped after executing the command lines above.
ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old
You will rename the SoftwareDistribution and catroot2 folder as SoftwareDistribution.old and catroot2.old after you run these two command lines. These two folders are used by Windows Update to save temporary update files.
By renaming these two folders, Windows will think these two folders are missing, and Windows will create new ones to store Windows update files. By doing that, you can avoid many Windows Update issues caused by the old corrupted temporary files in these two folders.
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
After you executing the command lines above, you start the Windows Update related system services.
Hope this will help and have a blessed day!
Thanks
Anil