Failed to Install - Feature update to windows 10,version 1909

Anonymous
2020-07-25T13:02:35+00:00

Whenever I update my windows (for feature update) I get the same error stating Failed to install with error code **0x800707e7.While restarting (after downloading and installing feature update) it gets completed around 70% (sometimes 40%) and gets loaded for sometime stating undoing changes made to your computer and then gets restarted with the old version 1809.**Still now I might have tried upto 5 times. I have even tried various ways but nothing worked.So, I left this update and tried to update my windows to version 2004 using windows assistant, Even after that i ended in the same problem.So, I came here for an help.Someone Please help me out.Thanks in advance.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T16:34:11+00:00

    OK, open an admin command prompt and type net user and hit enter..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T16:12:48+00:00

    I am a windows 10 home user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T16:01:15+00:00

    Let me check your update log.  The update you got was different from the normal Windows update so you may still not have access to that channel..

    I don't seem to find much from today in you update log.  We haven't had a Windows update since 7/14 so I can't even check mine for an actual update.  I do see the Defender updates.  Maybe give it some time to catch up or try a manual update every hour or so.  Make sure and reboot your system once in a while.

    As far as the users, if you are on Win 10 pro, you can type compmgmt.msc in a run box and get the computer management utility.  If you check the local users and groups, you only show the one user in that listing?  If you do only show one listing, maybe something is stuck in the registry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T14:37:57+00:00

    Sir , today after deleting Oracle services completely I checked for updates and got this one.

    And It was a successful.

    Is the problem Solved. What do you think sir.Can I try to update my windows to version 2004? 🤔🤔

    But I cant find anything to resolve with user profile suffix mismatch....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T14:07:58+00:00

    Sir,

    I have uninstalled all the oracle services .

    Below is the link for the windowsupdate.log

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QafOGDp9O3CrH8qkhd8kyGbNvtOwtdwc/view?usp=sharing

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments