Can you help with microphone mute on/off button not working on Windows 10?

Anonymous
2020-07-29T20:46:34+00:00

Please help me with the microphone mute on/off button on headset not working --> I cannot mute my voice.

Here's the good news:

  1. On Windows the Headset and Microphone audio is clear via Bluetooth. I can hear them, they can hear me.

2. Microphone/audio with Android phone tested good -- microphone mute on/off button works -- I can mute my voice with single press of the button if paired with the Android phone.  It doesn't matter what app I use.  I get an audio prompt through the headset of mute on/mute off.

Here's the problem: the mute button on this Bluetooth Headset microphone doesn't work on Windows 10, so if I walk away from the laptop and need to mute/unmute, I have to run back to my laptop to use my mouse. 

I called Taotronics technical support -- they said if the latest drivers are installed there's nothing more they can offer to help.

Windows indicates the best drivers are installed, but they are either outdated, Windows 10 does not support all the capability, or I need to do something.

Here's what I have:

Hardware:                 HP ProBook

                                 Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)

                                 Headset TaoTronics TT-BH041 

Operating System:   Windows 10, version 1909

Headset Device Drivers:

   TaoTronics TT-BH041                                           - Driver 10.0.17134.1067   Driver Date: 6/21/2006

   TaoTronics TT-BH041 Avcrp Transport Adapter  - Driver 10.0.17134.1         Driver Date: 4/10/2018

   Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)                              - Driver 21.70.0.3               Driver Date: 12/30/2019

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T10:59:44+00:00

    Same issue with TCL MTRO200BT, mute / unmute works on Android phone. Windows 10 seems to ignore it. I have also bought external bluetooth adapter but that did not resolve to problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T14:02:27+00:00

    Thanks much -- from all the comments this issue is  widespread across various devices with the common denominator Windows 10.   @Carmack, Greg shared working on this with us until it is resolved and I have yet to see a post from @GregCarmack since 2020 and don't know how to reach @CarmackGreg directly.  I'm trying various formats of directing this message to @Carmack to see if any will help request @Carmack,Greg to respond.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-02T23:12:15+00:00

    I'm having the exact same issue.  I tried installing a DG80 Avantree Bluetooth to USB converter and this does NOT get around the problem either with my bluetooth headset Comexion A8 (with mute button).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-05T18:29:34+00:00

    Why in the first place I should even try any of these fixes or reading your 1500 words nice fix article of getting mic button to work? Mic button, that worked, but Microsoft, Windows, Bill Gates wanted to be evel and make my button not to work. Its a button I onw, is it ok, if I come to Microsoft office and start to make things not work? Why, why, why? WWWHHHHYYYY?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-05T21:00:43+00:00

    Gentlemen I have the same issue and it started when I upgraded to 20H0 before it was working. I was told that if I use the USB dongle that is supplied it should work. so the upgrade changed something.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments