Can you help with microphone mute on/off button not working on Windows 10?

Anonymous
2020-07-29T20:46:34+00:00

Please help me with the microphone mute on/off button on headset not working --> I cannot mute my voice.

Here's the good news:

  1. On Windows the Headset and Microphone audio is clear via Bluetooth. I can hear them, they can hear me.

2. Microphone/audio with Android phone tested good -- microphone mute on/off button works -- I can mute my voice with single press of the button if paired with the Android phone.  It doesn't matter what app I use.  I get an audio prompt through the headset of mute on/mute off.

Here's the problem: the mute button on this Bluetooth Headset microphone doesn't work on Windows 10, so if I walk away from the laptop and need to mute/unmute, I have to run back to my laptop to use my mouse. 

I called Taotronics technical support -- they said if the latest drivers are installed there's nothing more they can offer to help.

Windows indicates the best drivers are installed, but they are either outdated, Windows 10 does not support all the capability, or I need to do something.

Here's what I have:

Hardware:                 HP ProBook

                                 Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)

                                 Headset TaoTronics TT-BH041 

Operating System:   Windows 10, version 1909

Headset Device Drivers:

   TaoTronics TT-BH041                                           - Driver 10.0.17134.1067   Driver Date: 6/21/2006

   TaoTronics TT-BH041 Avcrp Transport Adapter  - Driver 10.0.17134.1         Driver Date: 4/10/2018

   Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)                              - Driver 21.70.0.3               Driver Date: 12/30/2019

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-21T09:29:36+00:00

    Same issue with Plantronics C720M Microsoft certified. No mute function over Bluetooth on Windows.

    Working fine in Android

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-23T10:44:47+00:00

    Same issue with Mairdi M890BTD

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-23T13:33:40+00:00

    Dear Greg Carmack, please reply back as it has been since June and many others have posted with the same issue.

    " I will keep working with you until it's resolved."

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-27T05:27:45+00:00

    Dear All,

    I am also experiencing the same issue, however, with a wired Razer Kraken X headphones. Mute button also does not work. I have also contacted Razer support and did some troubleshooting but also found out no problem with headphone device at all. Mute button works with my android device and also to other laptop units. I am just having issues with my Window 10 Predator Helios 300. I have managed to use the mute button for the first few weeks but I encountered problems after the latest Windows update. Razer asked me to contact OS provider in this matter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-15T17:08:11+00:00

    Same here with Plantronics BackBeat 105. The mute button does work with my Android phone but does not work with my PC with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (and ever since 1903).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments