Dear Greg Carmack, please reply back as it has been since June and many others have posted with the same issue.
" I will keep working with you until it's resolved."
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Please help me with the microphone mute on/off button on headset not working --> I cannot mute my voice.
Here's the good news:
2. Microphone/audio with Android phone tested good -- microphone mute on/off button works -- I can mute my voice with single press of the button if paired with the Android phone. It doesn't matter what app I use. I get an audio prompt through the headset of mute on/mute off.
Here's the problem: the mute button on this Bluetooth Headset microphone doesn't work on Windows 10, so if I walk away from the laptop and need to mute/unmute, I have to run back to my laptop to use my mouse.
I called Taotronics technical support -- they said if the latest drivers are installed there's nothing more they can offer to help.
Windows indicates the best drivers are installed, but they are either outdated, Windows 10 does not support all the capability, or I need to do something.
Here's what I have:
Hardware: HP ProBook
Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)
Headset TaoTronics TT-BH041
Operating System: Windows 10, version 1909
Headset Device Drivers:
TaoTronics TT-BH041 - Driver 10.0.17134.1067 Driver Date: 6/21/2006
TaoTronics TT-BH041 Avcrp Transport Adapter - Driver 10.0.17134.1 Driver Date: 4/10/2018
Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) - Driver 21.70.0.3 Driver Date: 12/30/2019
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Dear Greg Carmack, please reply back as it has been since June and many others have posted with the same issue.
" I will keep working with you until it's resolved."
Same issue with Mairdi M890BTD
Same issue with Plantronics C720M Microsoft certified. No mute function over Bluetooth on Windows.
Working fine in Android
Logitech H800 headset. Same problem. Mute button doesn't work. Can't find other drivers other that Microsoft's.
Yep, deinstalled all, reinstalled, reconnected the headset to the bluetooth dongle and nothing. Muting don't work. Will switch to 2.4ghz headset again, they do work not like the bluetooth **** under windows 10.
MikelWest