Can you help with microphone mute on/off button not working on Windows 10?

Anonymous
2020-07-29T20:46:34+00:00

Please help me with the microphone mute on/off button on headset not working --> I cannot mute my voice.

Here's the good news:

  1. On Windows the Headset and Microphone audio is clear via Bluetooth. I can hear them, they can hear me.

2. Microphone/audio with Android phone tested good -- microphone mute on/off button works -- I can mute my voice with single press of the button if paired with the Android phone.  It doesn't matter what app I use.  I get an audio prompt through the headset of mute on/mute off.

Here's the problem: the mute button on this Bluetooth Headset microphone doesn't work on Windows 10, so if I walk away from the laptop and need to mute/unmute, I have to run back to my laptop to use my mouse. 

I called Taotronics technical support -- they said if the latest drivers are installed there's nothing more they can offer to help.

Windows indicates the best drivers are installed, but they are either outdated, Windows 10 does not support all the capability, or I need to do something.

Here's what I have:

Hardware:                 HP ProBook

                                 Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)

                                 Headset TaoTronics TT-BH041 

Operating System:   Windows 10, version 1909

Headset Device Drivers:

   TaoTronics TT-BH041                                           - Driver 10.0.17134.1067   Driver Date: 6/21/2006

   TaoTronics TT-BH041 Avcrp Transport Adapter  - Driver 10.0.17134.1         Driver Date: 4/10/2018

   Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)                              - Driver 21.70.0.3               Driver Date: 12/30/2019

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-23T13:33:40+00:00

    Dear Greg Carmack, please reply back as it has been since June and many others have posted with the same issue.

    " I will keep working with you until it's resolved."

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-03T09:07:36+00:00

    In Device Manager, under Bluetooth

    • H800 Logitech Headset
    • H800 Logitech Headset Avrcp Transport

    are the drivers still Microsoft ones ? If they are, I think that's why they still don't work. If like what Vincent says the USB Bluetooth adapter has a CSR chip, and we install a generic CSR driver, maybe that'll work?

    But yes, I agree it is disappointing that Microsoft doesn't create/update a driver supporting such a function, if this is really the reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-01T19:21:36+00:00

    Hi StanZV,

    don't buy a bluetooth adapter. I bought 2 of them and owned 2 bluetooth headsets. The headsets worked fine and could be muted with my cellphone, iPad and Firetablet. The Headsets worked with the bluetooth dongles aswell BESIDES muting the headsets, both failed.

    The problem is on mircrosoft side, don't waste time trying to fix it with this list above... it will not work.

    I have no clue, why it is such a big problem for microsoft to fix this issue! My mainboard has no bluetooth, so i have to use dongles to get bluetooth ready. One is from tp-link and one is from Asus, both can't mute the micro... 

    I don't know what to do, im using skype on my Firetablet instead on my PC, it is really annoying.

    MikelWest

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T13:21:12+00:00

    Greg, first let me say thank you for the comprehensive post!  I have started on the list. The troubleshooter for the audio was differently worded but I think I understood what you wanted me to try.  Bottom line this step didn't fix it, but I wanted you to know I am working on it

     "Recording Sound troubleshooter at Start button > Settings>Update & Security>Troubleshoot."

    For me was:

    Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Troubleshooting>Hardware and Sound

    Then I clicked

    Recording Audio

     The troubleshooter saw Audio device isn't set as defaultas an issue

    So I applied the fix:

    I tested the headset and the microphone button still doesn't respond.  On to step 2.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-02T07:38:25+00:00

    Logitech H800 headset. Same problem. Mute button doesn't work. Can't find other drivers other that Microsoft's.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments