Browsers wont work on my PC

Anonymous
2020-06-29T15:40:27+00:00

A short while ago I bought a PC [It's a custom PC made for gaming] from a good buddy of mine so I could have one of my own. After setting everything up and sending me on my way, I tried to get a new internet browser for it so I could comfortably do the things I want. I've run into issues with every browser I've downloaded, and neither he or I have been able to solve the issue.

What typically happens is when I click on a browser to launch it [Google Chrome, Opera GX, or Firefox] it will attempt to launch the browser in question, then a tab will pop up and immediately disappear again, seemingly either shutting itself down for some reason, or the browser hiding itself in my background functions, the tab inaccessible. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer will work just fine on my computer despite all this. Any and all assistance would be appreciated greatly.

-Blake

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-06-30T01:50:54+00:00

I dont see any suspect startup processes or running processes as a potential cause ... with one exception. I see a process running called wpcmon.exe. This is otherwise known as the Family Safety Monitor. It has a feature that controls Internet browsing and may have been configured in a way that is preventing the browser from launching. Try killing that process from Task Manager (would likely require administrative privileges) and see if the browser launches.

Incidentally, I can see processes running for microsoftedgecp.exe, which is the legacy version of the Microsoft Edge browser, so currently you should download the latest Edge Chromium browser and install it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/450109...

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-29T23:23:12+00:00

    Okay. Is it perhaps possible for you to help me further with the Dump setups? This whole thing is quite confusing to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-29T23:03:12+00:00

    Nothing in the logs that eludes to the problem.

    Go to %localappdata%\Google\CrashReports. Is there anything in that folder? If so, post. Otherwise, enable the user-mode crash dumps as I mentioned earlier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-29T22:22:06+00:00

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kTyzNDkVb5w9qw\_1wPt1gcXQONIB2D5d/view?usp=sharing

    Here is an updated log. I should note that Firefox works fine as far as I have seen since resetting my pc earlier today. Google chrome and Opera GX both launched only once and stayed open for roughly 30 seconds [5 web searches for google chrome and it crashed. Didnt get a search chance in opera gx as they both crashed at the same time.] However as you may or may not be able to see, just about every single time i try to launch the web browsers they immediately crash. Hope this help you help me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-29T22:15:11+00:00

    Earlier today I was told to try resetting my pc to see if it worked which it did not, so not much has happened since then earlier today. I will go ahead and recreate my issues a few times and refresh/resave that log and send it to you again to see if that helps any. I'm currently attempting to work through the guide you sent me in making the dump cache/folder, but my computer knowledge is limited so its taking me a short while to try and get through.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments