I downloaded it through windows update catalog ,it is shown that the installation is completed but it is saying that this
updates were not installed
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am presently at version 20H2 OS build 19042.388. KB4568831 is failling to install, it just loops from installing to downloading back to downloading. The following is logger in event viewer
Error Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200D: 2020-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4568831).
I have ran SFC and DISM with no errors. Deleted files in c:windows\softwaredistribution\downloads with no help. Any ideas
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I downloaded it through windows update catalog ,it is shown that the installation is completed but it is saying that this
updates were not installed
exactly, this happens to me as well/
Just for information, as I responded previously believing the update KB4568831 was only for an Insider Preview and was corrected. You can see previous posts in the thread if you wish.
As per a previous post I found KB4568831 was in fact waiting for download in Optional updates. I left it a few days then decided to select for download.
The process checked for updates and the update disappeared, so I left it. (didn't try the catalog)
Yesterday the download was showing for restart along with a update for .NET, KB4562899. Today I selected to install and restart from Start > Power. I notice now there are extra options when there is an update to just Restart or Shutdown, rather than being forced to update.
The updates completed successfully and are now shown in Settings > Update and security > View update history.
I note the version is 2004 and not 20H2 (which I still believe relates to devices on an insider preview) and the build on public release is still 19041 and not 19042. So the enablement package for the fall update has not been applied yet.
This doesn't apply in my case. I tried everything ...
Here this website provides you with that
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced