KB4568831 not installing

Anonymous
2020-07-25T16:12:09+00:00

I am presently at version 20H2 OS build 19042.388.   KB4568831  is failling to install, it just loops from installing to downloading back to downloading. The following is logger in event viewer

Error Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200D: 2020-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4568831).

I have ran SFC and DISM with no errors. Deleted files in c:windows\softwaredistribution\downloads with no help.  Any ideas

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-02T20:57:35+00:00

    Same, I think I now need to buy macrium in order to get quicker restores after this whole processs....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-03T01:03:55+00:00

    Hi there DonS49, I'm given to understand that this update is for Insiders only to test before release and not meant for the non members?

    I have not installed it to my system awaiting further advice from Microsoft as to it's suitability?

    Cheers

    George

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-03T04:57:30+00:00

    Two questions George, are you an insider and were you offered this update?

    The fact Don is an Insider seems to be irrelevant to this situation since it is being offered, prior to approval, to non-insiders..

    The Microsoft lawyers seem to have approved of this but I think they made a mistake.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-03T20:26:16+00:00

    No luck with method 1-3, I can not find KB4568831 in the Microsoft Update Catalog to download 

    Try to update manually via Microsoft update catalog

    Here is the link for KB4568831

    Download the dedicated update package for your architecture then install it 

    It should work 

    As 

    I was also stuck in this loop

    And manual installation solved all this loop issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments