Which method did you use that resolved the issue? Have tried them all and none have worked for me!
KB4568831 not installing
I am presently at version 20H2 OS build 19042.388. KB4568831 is failling to install, it just loops from installing to downloading back to downloading. The following is logger in event viewer
Error Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200D: 2020-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4568831).
I have ran SFC and DISM with no errors. Deleted files in c:windows\softwaredistribution\downloads with no help. Any ideas
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-07-27T11:30:34+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-07-27T10:52:23+00:00 Hi Jocelyn, I had exactly the same problem with this update looping between downloading and installing.
Turning off Norton360 made no difference.
I tried the Windows Update trouble-shooter with no result. It just said it couldn't identify the problem.
I tried to manually reset Windows Update, that wouldn't work at all, as it refused access to the rename the SoftwareDistribution folder entry. Just kept saying 'Access Denied' even though I was running the command prompt as an administrator.
After many. many tries I gave up! Restarted the PC and a very strange thing happened! When the PC restarted it came up with the 'Configuring windows updates' message. However, on checking the update history, nothing had actually been installed. Now every time I restart the PC it says it is 'Configuring windows updates' without installing anything. It's all very weird.
-
Anonymous
2020-07-27T08:12:54+00:00 so i am....
-
Anonymous
2020-07-26T16:50:45+00:00 I tried backing off some of the updates but with no success, still looping
-
Anonymous
2020-07-26T15:49:48+00:00 Tried your steps.
Mine is still stuck in a perpetual download...install cycle.