so i am....
KB4568831 not installing
I am presently at version 20H2 OS build 19042.388. KB4568831 is failling to install, it just loops from installing to downloading back to downloading. The following is logger in event viewer
Error Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200D: 2020-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4568831).
I have ran SFC and DISM with no errors. Deleted files in c:windows\softwaredistribution\downloads with no help. Any ideas
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-07-27T08:12:54+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-07-26T16:50:45+00:00 I tried backing off some of the updates but with no success, still looping
-
Anonymous
2020-07-26T15:49:48+00:00 Tried your steps.
Mine is still stuck in a perpetual download...install cycle.
-
Anonymous
2020-07-26T14:15:31+00:00 Thank you for attempting that and getting back to us. Sorry to hear the provided methods didn't help. I am not sure about the next steps to take so let's hope other community members may be able to help you with this.
-
Anonymous
2020-07-26T11:54:11+00:00 thanks for the method above it fixed my problem. befor,the update was stuck at 0% Installing the update but now it is working :)