Unable to use snip and sketch at all.
It starts and disappears after a second or two.
I now use the snipping tool when required...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Unable to use snip and sketch at all.
It starts and disappears after a second or two.
I now use the snipping tool when required...
Hello PlanetBOFA,
Good day!
I'm Jericho, a fellow customer and an individual advisor. I am happy to assist you!
In several cases, corrupted or missing system files that are related to your drivers can lead to this error.
- Press the Windows key or click start, type in CMD right-click and click on "Run as an administrator".
- Type in: sfc /scannow
- Press Enter. Wait until it finishes.
- Type in: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Hit enter. Wait until it finishes.
- Restart your computer and see if that solves the issue.
Hope that helps! Please let me know how it goes.
Would have been nice to know that scan takes forever.
Hello PlanetBOFA,
Good day!
I'm Jericho, a fellow customer and an individual advisor. I am happy to assist you!
In several cases, corrupted or missing system files that are related to your drivers can lead to this error.
- Press the Windows key or click start, type in CMD right-click and click on "Run as an administrator".
- Type in: sfc /scannow
- Press Enter. Wait until it finishes.
- Type in: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Hit enter. Wait until it finishes.
- Restart your computer and see if that solves the issue.
Hope that helps! Please let me know how it goes.
I got an error message Error87 so it doesnt work for me
I just right clicked on snip and sketch went to more then app setting the snip and sketch settings will open up go down to where it says reset and wait for it to finish then try and see if it will work for you I did for me God bless.