snip and sketch not working

Anonymous
2020-07-01T12:16:12+00:00

My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-10T00:39:57+00:00

    A SOLUTION!

    At home I can use Snip&Sketch but no Snip appears in order to annotate it. On my work PC this operates as it should do. Both PC's are up to date with Win10 and Edge browser.

    I have now found a solution!

    After taking the Snip hit Win-A. This will open up a bar on the right which contains your Snip. Click on it and it will open in the S&S window to be annotated!

    Not only that, but this option remains usable long after taking the Snip and does not need to be done right away.

    Hope that helps someone, because this was driving me crazy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-10T02:40:26+00:00

    I am not sure I'm following but when S&S stopped working on my computer (PC) the only "fix" I had was to uninstall it and then go to the Microsoft Store and download and install it again. I'm not much help but maybe it will work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-14T18:53:48+00:00

    I tried every suggestion in this thread and have spent hours trying to fix this issue.  It worked last week just fine and now this week it is broken.  The only thing it will snip is the lock screen, despite being in another microsoft program.  The different options are no longer available and it opens as a full window and nothing else can be displayed.  I am not sure what happened and I am so frustrated. Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I was hoping at least one would restore snip and sketch.  I use it daily for my work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-29T03:43:13+00:00

    Mine's broken as well and nothing will fix it it seems.

    Just go ahead and use the old snipping tool.

    Luckily that still works...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-29T04:05:08+00:00

    Ok, mine is working now. I have:

    Windows 10 home edition:

    1. I went into settings / apps / scrolled down and found snip and sketch
    2. I left clicked on snip and sketch and you will see uninstall, I did. (I later found out you could have clicked on advance features and hit reset and tried that first...fyi)
    3. once removed, I went to 

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/snip-sketch/9mz95kl8mr0l?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

    and installed it again.

    1. restarted my computer, it has worked since.

    Best of luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments