snip and sketch not working

Anonymous
2020-07-01T12:16:12+00:00

My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-06T16:14:32+00:00

    I stumbled upon a fix for the "snip" problem I was having.

    I wanted to change a notification for an unrelated app in settings.  I happened to notice that notifications were turned off for Snip & Sketch (pretty sure I didn't do this), but maybe latest update did??  Anyways I turned notifications on for snip & sketch and "snip" worked for me again.  

    Hope this might help others.

    Ahhhh    Notifications they worked 4me2 ! Thanks. (6 hours of frustration)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-18T13:52:35+00:00

    This worked!! Thank you so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T18:23:03+00:00
    1. Settings
    2. in the search type "Print Screen" - enter
    3. on the bottom turn it on.

    hope it works for you. Mine was working until the December update, now I can't get snip & Sketch to work at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-12T04:18:33+00:00

    On 10/6/20 I said that I removed and then downloaded the program and it resolved the issue. It did for a while. My problem may be because my machine is old (3yrs!).  Problem is intermittent and often it would resolve by just rebooting. What I do now is open S&S as the first program after turning on PC. Don't know whether having too many other programs open at the same time messes it up but giving it priority seems to lessen the problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-06T00:35:29+00:00

    I came across your post - that fixed my issue - Make Sure the Notifications are "On" for the Snip & Sketch. Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments